Friday, April 8, 2011

Come Unto Me

   This morning, I wasn't feeling the greatest, so I (admittedly) slept in just a little bit in an attempt to recover from some illness. I woke up, got out of bed, and I saw my companion, Elder Hyde, sitting in a chair in our apartment living room; just barley conscious and desperately trying to finish his personal study. He and I both haven't been feeling the greatest this week. So you might be asking at this point, "Ok, Elder Barnhart, what does this have to do with missionary work?"

   Well, seeing my companion desperately trying to stay awake reminded me of Christ's invitation, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." That sight really made me turn to my Savior today. Even as a missionary, we are CONSISTENTLY relying on Jesus Christ for constant support and strength. Seeing my companion in his desperate fight to remain faithful this morning, made me think of how many people out there are also desperately trying to "keep the faith" and "fight the good fight" as Paul would have put it. This world we live in is a CRAZY place... We as missionaries don't watch tv or keep up with the news, but even just BEING around other people, we hear bits and pieces of what is going on in the world. This place we live in seems to be getting worse and worse... Changing constantly for the worse. But one thing that doesn't change, is our Savior Jesus Christ. He is ALWAYS inviting us to repent, and come unto Him, so He can heal ALL our wounds and strengthen us in our darkest hours.


    I know that Jesus Christ can, and does heal our deepest and most painful wounds; if we will but let Him. As we learn of Him, Grow closer to Him, and Follow His teachings, Christ's ultimate Sacrifice and His Atonement can take effect in our lives. I love my Savior. I know He lives. I know that He loves each and every one of us. Thanks for Reading Y'all. Once again, please, please, please!!! What can I do to improve? Leave me a message, shoot me an email, leave a comment, just let me know what you think I can do to make this better. God Bless Y'all!!!

1 comment:

  1. oooo that was a good post. Made me want to try a little harder to get that morning scripture time again!Thanks elder for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete