Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Spirit of God Like a Fire is Burning...

    I LOVE this hymn! The words really touch me personally. The Spirit of God, or the Holy Ghost is a gift that Jesus Christ promised his Apostles He would send after He had left them. He called him the comfortor. Christ promised "peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you..." The Holy Ghost brings us that peace. He IS the Comfortor.

Moses and the Burning Bush    What does it mean to have the Holy Ghost give us that peace? How do we know where it comes from? How do we know when we feel it? Why does the Holy Ghost do this for us? These are all somewhat difficult questions to just answer, because it can be different for EVERYONE!!!  But there are some ways to try to determine if the Spirit is influencing us..

    In Galatians 5, Paul clarifies the fruit of the spirit (or the evidence of it) as "love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, [and] temperance..." Meaning, if we have these feelings as we pray or read our scriptures we can KNOW that this is the Spirit of God, or the Holy Ghost; and He is fulfilling his role as the comfortor and testifing of the truth of the word of God.

    As a missionary, I rely on the spirit to help me on a DAY-TO-DAY basis. Folks, I'm really just a 20 year old kid... I've NEVER done anything like a mission before.. This is the first time I've been a missionary!! Granted, I have been doing it for about 20 months.. but really, its NOT an easy thing.. I rely on the Holy Ghost to teach me how and what to do... So, i'd really like to hear from y'all now.. how have you relyed on the spirit? What are some personal experiences with the Comforter? I hope y'all enjoyed this! Have a Happy Easter! God Bless Y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment